• What can I do if I am not allowed to see my child?

    If someone is blocking your right to see your child or children, unfortunately this isn't a police matter. Your local council's social services team will be able to help.

    Alternatively, you can find out more about looking after your child or children if you separate or divorce.

  • What if I think there is a risk to my child or children?

    If you believe that there is a risk due to the child or children due to the behaviour of a parent or carer, please contact us so that we can put safeguarding measures in place.

    You can do this by using our Live Chat facility, which can be accessed by clicking the button on the right of the screen. You can see our chat opening hours here. If Live Chat is unavailable call us on 101. 

    If you believe that is an immediate threat to life, please call us on 999.

Useful Links

  • Visit the government’s website to read advice around looking after your children when going through a separation or divorce.
  • Visit the government’s website to find your local council. Once there, put your postcode into the search box to get to the home page of your local council.
  • Sorting Out Separation is a charity that will help you and your partner develop a working partnership in order to raise your child or children in a safe environment. Visit their website to find out more.


Rate this page (1 star poor – 3 stars excellent).
Tell us about your experience on the website.
From time to time, we contact people to ask them about their experience on the website. If you’d like us to contact you, enter your name and/or your email address.
*Required field.