• What should I do if I think a vehicle isn’t taxed?

    You can report an untaxed vehicle to the DVLA, however first of all you should if a vehicle is taxed by clicking here to use the free government checking service.

    Following the check, if you want to report the vehicle you can do so on the DVLA website.

  • What if I think the vehicle has been stolen or involved in crime?

    If you believe that the vehicle may have been stolen or involved in a crime then please report this to police on 101. A call handler will ask for details of the vehicle including make, model and registration number. This will allow officers to check whether or not it has been involved in crime, and make necessary arrangements for removal and/or examination.

  • What if I have any questions around vehicle tax?

    If you want to tax your vehicle or find out more visit www.gov.uk/vehicle-tax.

Useful Links


Did you find the page you were looking for?
Did you find the information useful?
Rate this page (1 star poor – 5 stars excellent).
*Required field.