What is the cadet scheme?
Our cadet scheme recruits 13-17 year olds from across the West Midlands.
As part of a national curriculum, it gives them the chance to:
- learn about policing, including visits to departments
- learn new skills and to help others
- volunteer in the community
- be part of events such as Pride or Remembrance Day
Cadets are placed into cadet units across the West Midlands, and meet once a week.
What is a cadet leader?
Cadet leaders are people who help run our cadet units.
We are currently looking for cadet leaders across our region. Anyone over 18 can apply to be one, even if you don’t work for us already.
A cadet leader should:
- want to inspire others and make a difference to young people
- have good personal skills and be able to motivate
- confidence to deliver sessions
- be able to lead, team build and maintain discipline
You would have to commit to the role for at least one year. Cadet units normally meet on weekday evenings during the school term. There might also be events and other sessions in the school holidays and at weekends.
How do I sign up my child to the scheme?
How do I apply to be a cadet leader?