Our Vision, Values and Strategy
Read our vision, values and strategy.
Preventing crime, protecting the public and helping those in need is our vision.
West Midlands Police is made up of people like you and these are the values which unite us all:
I prevent crime
- I work in partnership to create safer communities
- I am creative and think of new approaches
I offer friendship and service
- I care about the people I serve
- I am honest and I earn people’s trust
- I show friendship by helping the public, partners and colleagues – particularly those who may not realise they need our help
I am courageous and fair
- I stand up for the right things
- I challenge unreasonable and discriminatory behaviour
- I make the right decisions, however tough they are
- I want to work in a diverse team
I listen and learn
- I accept and admit when I am wrong
- I learn lessons
- I let the public see how we work because I welcome openness
I am proud of what I do
- I am a strong performer and colleagues can rely on me
- I inspire others with my passion for policing
- I challenge and address poor service
- I deliver a service my family would be proud of
We have big ambitions for our future and we have a three-year strategy about how we’ll get there. Called This Work Matters, it provides a framework for the way we’ll work by building on our strengths.
Every single one of our people has a part to play in making our plans come to life.
We know that working for West Midlands Police is not just a job. We know that this work matters. Our strategy supports the delivery of the Police and Crime Plan and is designed on the principle of helping people make the biggest difference they can.
It does this by better supporting our people to:
- connect with people
- make the best decisions possible
- learn and improve each day
- work together with others
- look after themselves and others