Requests for information required by solicitors for civil proceedings for which the police have no statutory duty to disclose must be made in writing to:

Compliance and Disclosure Unit
West Midlands Police
PO Box 52
B4 6NQ

Alternatively, email them.

Disclosure of information for civil purposes is discretionary unless there is a court order and we can exercise a power not to disclose the information. Each request will be considered on its own individual merits, and charges are applied for any disclosure made. View the fees and charges.

Disclosures will be based on careful considerations of all the information that is provided by the solicitor and the information that is held. A decision will be made based on public interest tests, risk of harm to individuals or investigations and the requirements of legislations, as well as the West Midlands Police business requirements for disclosure.

Please note that the Central Information Unit deal with civil disclosure requests relating to criminal matters only. Requests for disclosure of road traffic collision reports should be made to the Traffic Process Office. Individuals can request their own data by making a subject access request.


Did you find the page you were looking for?
Did you find the information useful?
Rate this page (1 star poor – 5 stars excellent).
*Required field.