What if your car is stolen/broken into?Contact the police as soon as possible - if you live in the West Midlands, telephone the central switchboard on 0345 113 5000 and ask for your local station.
- If possible, have full details available of the make, model and registration number of the vehicle
- If your vehicle has been broken into, tell the officers the method used (eg by breaking a side window)
- Make a list of any property stolen from the vehicle, giving as many details as possible
- Ask neighbours or people living in the area if they saw anything suspicious
- If the vehicle has been stolen, tell officers if there was anything inside of particularly high value or that was potentially dangerous