Sat nav devises are highly useful and can often be expensive. This makes them desirable to potential thieves.
- Keep your Sat Nav safe from thieves by:
- Not using it on daily trips – you know the way to the supermarket!
- Take portable Sat Navs with you when leaving the car, together with the support cradle and suction pads
- Don’t be a sucker!
- Wipe away any suction pad marks left on the windscreen or dashboard - thieves will look out for these
- Don’t leave the equipment in the glove box – thieves will usually check there first
- Don’t leave anything on view in your vehicle. Thieves are opportunists and it only takes them moments to break into your vehicle
- What if it is stolen?
In the unfortunate event of your Sat Nav being stolen, the following advice could help its recovery:
- Visit www.registermythings.co.uk to register your sat nav on the UK’s largest free database. If it’s ever lost or stolen you’re more likely to get it back
- Mark your Sat Nav with your postcode or vehicle registration number using special security markers
- Make a note of the name, make, model and serial number.
- Store your personal details in the Sat Nav hard drive on purchase